Puppy Manners Class Details
Welcome to our Puppy Manners Class, a foundational step in your puppy’s journey toward becoming a well-mannered and socially adept companion. Our class is thoughtfully designed to align with the principles of the L.E.G.S. Model of Integrated Canine Science, emphasizing the interwoven relationship between Learning, Environment, Genetics, and Self.
Duration: Meets once a week for an hour totaling six classes
In our Puppy Manners Class, we prioritize a focus on:
- A Strong Start: Recognizing the significance of early development, our primary goal is to provide you with the knowledge necessary to prep your puppy with a robust foundation for success in their new world.
- Puppy Socialization: We prioritize puppy socialization, showing you how to help your pup develop positive interactions with other dogs and humans, fostering well-rounded social skills. Develop social cues through puppy play sessions
- House Mannerisms: We introduce proper house mannerisms, tying our curriculum to the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy criteria, setting the stage for a well-behaved family member.
We prioritize equipping you, as a responsible pet parent, with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively train and nurture your puppy. Throughout this class, you’ll gain comprehensive training insights and guidance in various areas, which include, but certainly aren’t limited to:
• Understanding Dog Body Language: We delve into the intricate world of dog body language, helping you interpret your pup’s signals and respond appropriately. This understanding enhances communication and strengthens your bond.
• Desensitization to External Stimuli: We teach you how to introduce your puppy to various sounds and visuals, promoting a calm response to different environmental stimuli.
• Potty Training Discussion: We offer guidance on effective house potty training methods, ensuring a clean and comfortable living environment for your pup.
• Kennel Training: You will learn how to help your pup understand what a kennel means, creating a secure and cozy space they can call their own.
• Intro to Leash and Collar: We introduce the concepts of leash and collar training, preparing your puppy for future walks and adventures.
• Behavior Modification: We address common puppy behaviors such as nipping, jumping, and body handling sensitivities, promoting positive interactions and empathy, consistent with the L.E.G.S. model’s principles.
• Foundation Cues and Basic Training: Your puppy will begin building a strong foundation in basic cues, including the name game, ‘down,’ ‘sit,’ ‘come,’ ‘focus,’ ‘leave it’, confidence course, and food bowl. You can also work towards earning the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy & APDT’s C.L.A.S.S. H.S. (Canine Life and Social Skills High School) Certificate. (optional your choice)
By enrolling in our Puppy Manners Class, you’re not only investing in a well-mannered puppy but also nurturing a strong foundation in understanding, communication, and holistic development.
Click Here to join us on this enriching journey of growth and lifelong companionship with your beloved furry family member.
Age: 8 weeks – 12 weeks
Vaccinations: Must have started puppies series shots 7 days prior to class start date, DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Para Influenza, Parvo), and Bordetella. Flea/tick required between late Feb thru Late Nov.
Equipment: 4-6′ Leash (Non-Retractable, Non-Stretch), Flat collar or Harness (No pinch, E-collars/Remote/Shock, Slip Leads), Treats & Kibble, Treat Pouch, willingness to learn.
Location: Classes are held in South County St Louis @ Posh City Pet Spa & Salon
Our Partnered Hosting Locations:
Posh City Pet Spa & Salon
South County STL Mo.
According to the following well Established Organizations, puppies can attend as long as your puppy has started their series vaccinations AND they will have had it for 7 days prior to class start date. If your vet advises against, inquire about whether it’s something about your puppy specifically. Its always best to research your vet and ask questions. when did they last take a continued education course? Are they aware of the below information from esteemed Professionals in their field?